Monday 25 October 2010

Healing headaches - Ayurvedic cure

Vata headaches: These headaches are in the back (occipital) portion of the head. They are characterized by throbbing, pulsating, migrating pain that radiates from the back of the head and may go to the front. A vata headache may be associated with tension in the neck and shoulder muscles, back stiffness, constipa­tion, and sciatica. This kind of headache is aggravated by high altitude. It gets worse when you move your body and subsides when you rest.
  • Massage neck muscle with sesame oil, then take a hot shower.
  • Dexotify.
  • Take a glass of water with some sugar, a bit of salt, and some lime juice. Hydrate. Replace salt levels in the body. (today after eating several salted chips, my headache was nearly gone after 30 min).
Pitta headaches start in the temple area and go to tne central part of the head. A pitta headache characterized by shooting, burning, piereing, or penetrating pain, and it is worsened by bright light, hot sun, or high temperatures, or by eating sour fruits, pickles, or highly spicy food. It may be associated with nausea and/or burning of the eyes. The person may also become quite irritable. A pitta headache is often felt behind the eyes and may be associated with dizziness.
  • Apply aloe vera gel
  • Drink cool cumin-coriander tea
  • Place some ghee in mostrils
  • Eat something sweet like icescream!
  • Don't go into the sun
Kapha headaches. If your headache occurs in winter or spring, strikes in the morning or evening, and gets worse when you bend down, it is a kapha headache. It is often associated with sinus congestion and clogging of the nose, and it often accompanies a cold or a cough. It may go along with hay fever and other allergies. The pain of a kapha headache is usually dull and deep-seated. It starts in the upper frontal area of the skull, moves down to the fore­head, and sometimes comes down to the sinuses.
  • Inhale eucalyptus vapour
  • Drink ginger tea, inhale or rub ginger in nostrils
  • Wash nostrils with very salty water



Please feel free to subscribe to this blog, to receive updates!

Click here to return to homepage and see the other posts

Share

6 comments:

  1. Most of the holistic clinics I know promotes the use of natural home remedies to such illness. Glad to see some natural treatments for head ache here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. visit : http://www.naturalmedicineoc.com/Natural-Medicine-Center-Costa-Mesa-Nutrition-Enzymes.htm . Over 45,000 patients treated and 4th generation in natural medicine. Many testimonials to share the hope and encouragement. Natural Medicine Center offers acupuncture, herbs, dietary supplements and nutrition to serve you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you Know where can I find it???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been Herpes diseases just like been through hell; well
    special thanks to God almighty for using DR.OMOYE the greatest spell
    caster in curing my Herpes disease. I was diagnosed of this disease in the
    year 2008. Thou I was taking my medications buy I was not myself. Until
    last two weeks. My friend came to me and told me that he saw many
    testimonies on how a spell caster cured people Herpes disease. Thou I never
    believe in spell, I said to myself "seen is believing" I took his name and
    searched it on GOOGLE, I saw many testimonies myself. Quickly, I copied his
    email dromoyespellcastertemple@gmail.com I emailed him, he gave me a form to
    fill which I did, then he called me and told me that his gods required some
    items in which he will use in casting a curing spell on me. And i told him
    to get the listed items needed to prepare my cure because by then i have
    little faith in him, few hours later he called me and told me he is through
    preparing the cure. so he send it to me I got my parcel, it was a herbal
    cure as described by DR. OMOYE took the herbal cure and after taking it
    for a week and some days. He told me to go for check up, I went to the
    hospital and had a test,and i was cured. Quickly I called him and tell him
    what happened he congratulated me. I promise to tell the world about him.
    You can contact via email dromoyespellcastertemple@gmail.com or +2349034412845

    ReplyDelete

  5. Allergy also known as allergic disease, are a number of conditions caused by hypersensitivity of the immune system to something in the environment that causes problems in the most people. Common allergens are pollen and food. These can be due to sexual or environmental in any person. We provide you best Home Remedies For Allergies which is natural and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Allergy also known as allergic disease, are a number of conditions caused by hypersensitivity of the immune system to something in the environment that causes problems in the most people. Common allergens are pollen and food. These can be due to sexual or environmental in any person. We provide you best Home Remedies For Allergies which is natural and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete